Data Privacy Notice
Private Education Assistance Committee
Data Privacy Notice (ver. 2019-01)
This Data Privacy Notice describes how personal information is collected, used, and shared in PEAC.ORG.PH (the “Site”).
PEAC.ORG.PH is the official website of the Private Education Assistance Committee. PEAC publishes contents through this Site to inform the public, especially its stakeholders, about its services and other relevant information related to the provision of assistance to private schools, its teachers and students. The Site also functions as a gateway to the billing and information systems that PEAC manages.
PEAC as Personal Information Controller
By creating this Site, PEAC acts as a Personal Information Controller as defined under RA 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA).
Under Sec. 3(h) of the DPA, “Personal Information Controller” refers to a person or organisation who controls the collection, holding, processing or use of personal information, including a person or organisation who instructs another person or organisation to collect, hold, process, use, transfer, or disclose personal information on his or her behalf.
Personal Data Collected from Site Visitors
- Device Information. Whenever a visitor accesses the Site, the system automatically collects certain information about the device that the visitor uses, including information about web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on the visitor’s device. Additionally, as a visitor browses the Site, the system collects information about the individual web pages that the visitor views, what websites or search terms referred him/her to the Site, and information about how he/she interacts with the Site. This automatically-collected information is referred to as “Device Information.”
Device Information is collected using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” – Cookies are data files that are placed on the device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” – Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” – they are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Name and Email Address.
- Visitors may subscribe to the PEAC online newsletter by providing their Email address.
Please note the Site’s data collection and use practices are not altered even if it sees see a Do Not Track signal from the visitor’s browser.
Device Information collected are used to help PEAC screen for potential risk (in particular, the visitor’s IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how visitors browse and interact with the Site).
The Email address provided through voluntary subscription to the newsletter will be included in the mailing list that PEAC uses to distribute its online newsletter.
Data Protection, Sharing, and Retention Measures
Only authorized PEAC personnel have access to personal data collected in the Site.
Device Information collected will be shared with a third party to help PEAC use it as described above. Google Analytics is installed to help PEAC understand how visitors use the Site–more about how Google uses Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
PEAC may also share Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information received, or to otherwise protect PEAC’s rights.
Device Information is stored in Google for 26 months while the Name and Email addresses will be kept for as long as necessary.
Access, Correction, and Erasure
All Site visitors have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that PEAC holds about them, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if they think it is erroneous. Also, a visitor may request for his/her data’s complete erasure from the PEAC’s servers. To do so, and for any other matters relating to the processing of personal data, he/she may contact PEAC by Email at [email protected].
On the Published Materials
By participating in the activities/events of the Private Education Assistance Committee, the participants grant the event organizers full rights to be part of the documentation work and its eventual publications. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, exhibition or reproduction. For any concerns, please email [email protected].
None of the PEAC materials provided on its official website, Facebook page, and YouTube channel may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher. The materials can be used as long as the appropriate credit is given and the PEAC is advised.
To request such permission, please write to the PEAC addressed to Ms. Rhodora Angela F. Ferrer, PEAC Executive Director, and send to [email protected]. In the letter, please specify the purpose of the request and provide details on how the content will be used.