Research for School Improvement Towards Excellence (RSITE)
The Research for School Improvement Towards Excellence (RSITE) is a program of assistance developed and implemented by PEAC to encourage the development of the private education sector by providing support to school improvement in private schools. Specifically, the goal of the RSITE is to support school administrators and teachers who are writing their thesis or dissertation that addresses school needs and thereby improves educational delivery, and to build a community of education practitioners who will work towards a research-based improvement of private schools in the country.
RSITE 2020-2021 awards dissertation writing grants to 11 educators
The Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC) provides thesis and dissertation writing grants to education practitioners through the Research for School Improvement Towards Excellence (RSITE) program.
For SY 2020-2021, the PEAC supports 11 administrators and teachers pursuing their doctoral degrees with a one-time Php80,000 grant for the writing of their dissertation for one year.
- Allandre S. Afingwan (University of Baguio, Baguio City)
- Eva O. Altura (National Christian Life College-MCA School System, Sto Niño. Marikina City)
- Sr. Mary Michael G. Bactong (Santo Niño Academy, Leyte)
- Lucila R. Calairo (De La Salle University, Dasmariñas City, Cavite)
- Thomas B. Fernandez Jr. (La Salette of Ramon, Inc., Isabela)
- Hannah Dara V. Garay-Nugroho (Father Satunino Urios University, Butuan City)
- Ronnie B. Ilagan (Marian Learning Center and Science High School, Inc., Batangas City)
- James L. Lactao (University of Asia and the Pacific, Pasig City)
- Christian C. Milambiling (Malayan Colleges Laguna, Laguna)
- Resa R. Pestano (Maranatha Christian Academy of Manila, Inc., Manila)
- John Robby R. Robiños (University of Perpetual Help-Molino Campus, Cavite)
All applications with complete requirements and received by the PEAC NS within the application period were processed and then reviewed by an external evaluator using the following criteria: responsiveness to PEAC priorities; potential to contribute to school improvement; potential to contribute to professional improvement; and capability to complete the study within the prescribed grant period.
Successful applicants are advised to wait for the official communication from the PEAC National Secretariat. For inquiries, please send an email to [email protected].
List of RSITE grantees per school year
- List of RSITE grantees for SY 2015-2016
- List of RSITE grantees for SY 2016-2017
- List of RSITE grantees for SY 2017-2018
- List of RSITE grantees for SY 2018-2019
- List of RSITE grantees for SY 2019-2020
For inquiries, concerns and clarifications:
Communications and Research Unit Contact Details:
Email Address: [email protected]
PEAC Data Privacy Notice for RSITE FY 2020-2021
As part of the RSITE application process, PEAC collects and processes documents relating to applicants. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data.
PEAC as Personal Information Controllers
In carrying out the implementation and management of RSITE, PEAC acts as Personal Information Controllers (PICs) as defined under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. According to Sec. 3 of RA 10173, PIC refers to a person or organization who controls the collection, holding, processing or use of personal information, including a person or organization who instructs another person or organization to collect, hold, process, use, transfer, or disclose personal information on his or her behalf.
Personal Information Collected
PEAC collects the following documents:
- Application letter from the applicant and signed by the head of the school where the applicant is employed
- Concise curriculum vitae of the applicant
- Recommendation letter from the thesis/dissertation adviser that also states that the proposal has been approved
- Soft and hard copies of the approved research proposal and research schedule
- Copy of the latest registration form indicating enrollment in thesis/dissertation writing
- Copy of one government-issued ID
All information requested above are mandatory for the provision of the service.
The collected personal information is utilized solely for evaluation and documentation purposes within the PEAC. The personal information will be used as is and will not be subject to additional processing before and after the stated purposes.
Only authorized PEAC personnel shall have access to these documents. The exchange of data shall be done through e-mail and authorized print outs given to the evaluator and PEAC Finance Unit. Electronic transmittal of data and information is sent using official PEAC addresses only. Print-outs are handled only by authorized PEAC personnel.
Personal data will be stored for five (5) years. The five (5) years will be counted after applicant completes his/her program requirements. The hard copies shall be disposed through shredding, while digital files shall be anonymized or otherwise destroyed through the use of secure digital technology.
Access, Correction and Erasure
Every applicant has the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that PEAC holds about him/her, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if he/she thinks it is erroneous. Also, the applicant may also request for his/her data’s complete erasure from the PEAC’s servers. To do so, and for any other matters relating to the processing of personal data, he/she may contact the Communications and Research unit, [email protected].
By submitting these documents, the applicant agrees to the foregoing conditions. PEAC reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law for any violation of the foregoing conditions. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by PEAC.